Printing to HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fn fails with RENDERER InternalError 0xc8 (PCLmParser.cpp line 1845)

Brian ad44 at cityscape.co.uk
Tue Jun 20 17:01:15 UTC 2017

On Sun 18 Jun 2017 at 20:15:59 -0700, Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:

> I recently got an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fn.

A nice printer.

> I connected it to my computer with USB cable.  I just installed Ubuntu
> 16.04 LTS and HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.17.6) and
> hp-plugin (same version).

hplip is unnecessary; printer-driver-hpcups is sufficient for printing.
The M130fn doesn't need a plugin.

> When I print anything I get a page that says:
>
> URP Error
>
> Subsystem: RENDERER
>
> Error: InternalError 0xc8
>
> File Name: PCLmParser.cpp
>
> Line Number: 1845

Never seen this. Apart from your post (and one other) Google has never
seen it either. Anyway, the printer does not like what you sent it.
Something to do with the way you set the print queue up or the device
you sent the print job from - perhaps. Relevant details sent here would
be appreciated.

Setting up a working queue:

1. '/usr/sbin/lpinfo -m | grep m129' to get the PPD.

2. '/usr/sbin/lpinfo -v' to get the USB URI.

3. 'sudo lpadmin -p M103q -v URI -E -m PPD' to set up the queue.

4. 'lp -d M103q /etc/nsswitch' for a test print.

Happy now? :)

--
Brian.