LCD monitor

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 11:13:39 UTC 2017

On 29 July 2017 at 00:50, Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
> The LCD's pixels are noticeable, it's like taking a look at a screen
> tone, apart from this the image is concave. Sure, the CRT is really
> convex, but it provides all kind of adjustments, to get rid of an
> unpleasant image, while the LCD doesn't provide options to get rid of
> the annoying concave impression.

Put a ruler on the screen to see if the surface is actually flat. Then
see if straight lines in the image are straight (again using the
ruler). If it is flat and the lines are straight then it is an optical
illusion.

> Last but not least, one pixel is dead, always black and it's an
> annoying eyecatcher, since if I move my head, the dead pixel is like an
> animation.

I know there are standards for the number of dead pixels allowed, but
what you are describing is a pixel where all three colours are dead
which I think is unusual. Check the standards to see whether that is
allowed. My screen has one pixel that shows the wrong colour as the
two other colours still work and it is only noticeable if I look for
it.

What is the native resolution of the display (in pixels) and are you
running it at that resolution?

Colin