USB-VGA suggestions?

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Fri Jul 21 19:19:04 UTC 2017

On 2017-07-21 11:21, J wrote:

> This might be a bit of a daft question, but these things tend to
> either have a BMC or similar management controller that provides a
> remote console to the blades, and if they're IPMI compatible, you can
> get a full, interactive console from the BMC using ipmitool (in most
> cases).

Oh, I'm sure all that stuff's in there -- but, again, chicken and egg: I
gotta get VGA going, first, so I can set them up.

> That seems like it would be an easier solution that introducing
> dongles with dodgy support, but YMMV.

Agreed.  But VGA is de facto winning, here.

> Out of curiosity, what's the make/model of the server?

Oddly... I don't know.  I *think* it's an Intel -- as in,
comes-from-Intel-themselves.  Couldn't find a model, but I'll admit I
didn't look too hard.  I've already installed Linux on two of the sleds;
the other two will wait for Tuesday (next day I'm in the office).

-Ken