Problem reinstalling Xubuntu 16.04 - SOLVED

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 22:27:45 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 12:17 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19 July 2017 at 08:04, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> After running into the same drop-into-busybox problem trying to
>> install my new HP laptop from the same Patriot flash drive I created
>> via unetbootin, I decided to use a DVD.
>
> Had you tried the boot option to check the files on the flash drive?

Early on, and I've re-installed that flash drive a few times as well,
all with the same image.  No help there.

I have a couple of other drives I can put it on and see it that helps,
but hopefully I won't need it before 16.04.3 or later comes out, or
(preferably) never.

>> Worked flawlessly.
>>
>> It seems, at least for me, the unetbootin Xubuntu flash drive is NOT
>> installable.  It has failed in every system I have.  Looks like I'll
>> be trusting the still more ubiquitous DVD install image until further
>> notice.
>
> Do you mean you used a different image or just burned the same image
> onto DVD instead of flash?

Same image burned onto a DVD.  If I knew where my first one of these
was, I'd have used it, but...

Anyway, I'm pleased.  As long as the display port works, I'll be quite
happy with it.  (I had to locate my DP-HDMI converter and have not had
a moment to check it out yet.)

Thanks.