sudo jython ez_setup.py

Thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 12:37:46 UTC 2017


I have jython and pip, but it's to use pip from jython.

On 1/16/17, Peter Silva <peter at bsqt.homeip.net> wrote:
> sudo apt-get install jython jython-doc
>
> It's in the repos... much better approach, in most cases.
>
>
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 3:53 PM, Thufir Hawat <hawat.thufir at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Going by the jython book:
>>
>> http://www.jython.org/jythonbook/en/1.0/appendixA.html
>>
>>
>> I downloaded their script, ez_setup.py and ran it as so:
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$ jython ez_setup.py
>> "my" variable $jythonHome masks earlier declaration in same scope at
>> /usr/bin/jython line 15.
>> Downloading http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.5/s/setuptools/setuptools-
>> 0.6c11-py2.5.egg
>> error: can't create or remove files in install directory
>>
>> The following error occurred while trying to add or remove files in the
>> installation directory:
>>
>>     [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/Lib/site-packages/test-e
>> asy-install-1965022501.write-test'
>>
>> The installation directory you specified (via --install-dir, --prefix, or
>> the distutils default setting) was:
>>
>>     /usr/Lib/site-packages/
>>
>> This directory does not currently exist.  Please create it and try again,
>> or
>> choose a different installation directory (using the -d or --install-dir
>> option).
>>
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$ mkdir usr/Lib/site-packages/
>> mkdir: cannot create directory ‘usr/Lib/site-packages/’: No such file or
>> directory
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$ sudo usr/Lib/site-packages/
>> [sudo] password for thufir:
>> sudo: usr/Lib/site-packages/: command not found
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$ sudo mkdir usr/Lib/site-packages/
>> mkdir: cannot create directory ‘usr/Lib/site-packages/’: No such file or
>> directory
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$ mkdir /usr/Lib/site-packages/
>> mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/usr/Lib/site-packages/’: No such file or
>> directory
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$ sudo mkdir /usr/Lib/site-packages/
>> mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/usr/Lib/site-packages/’: No such file or
>> directory
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$ ll /usr/
>> total 128
>> drwxr-xr-x  11 root root  4096 Apr 20  2016 ./
>> drwxr-xr-x  24 root root  4096 Dec 11 05:44 ../
>> drwxr-xr-x   2 root root 61440 Jan 16 07:05 bin/
>> drwxr-xr-x   2 root root  4096 Apr 20  2016 games/
>> drwxr-xr-x  57 root root  4096 Jan 15 07:34 include/
>> drwxr-xr-x 173 root root 12288 Jan 15 11:45 lib/
>> drwxr-xr-x  10 root root  4096 Apr 20  2016 local/
>> drwxr-xr-x   3 root root  4096 Apr 20  2016 locale/
>> drwxr-xr-x   2 root root 12288 Jan 15 08:17 sbin/
>> drwxr-xr-x 337 root root 12288 Jan 16 07:05 share/
>> drwxr-xr-x   4 root root  4096 Apr 20  2016 src/
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$ mkdir /usr/Lib/
>> mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/usr/Lib/’: Permission denied
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$ sudo mkdir /usr/Lib/
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$ sudo mkdir /usr/Lib/site-packages/
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$ jython ez_setup.py
>> "my" variable $jythonHome masks earlier declaration in same scope at
>> /usr/bin/jython line 15.
>> Downloading http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.5/s/setuptools/setuptools-
>> 0.6c11-py2.5.egg
>> error: can't create or remove files in install directory
>>
>> The following error occurred while trying to add or remove files in the
>> installation directory:
>>
>>     [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/Lib/site-packages/test-e
>> asy-install-899999428.write-test'
>>
>> The installation directory you specified (via --install-dir, --prefix, or
>> the distutils default setting) was:
>>
>>     /usr/Lib/site-packages/
>>
>> Perhaps your account does not have write access to this directory?  If
>> the
>> installation directory is a system-owned directory, you may need to sign
>> in
>> as the administrator or "root" account.  If you do not have
>> administrative
>> access to this machine, you may wish to choose a different installation
>> directory, preferably one that is listed in your PYTHONPATH environment
>> variable.
>>
>> For information on other options, you may wish to consult the
>> documentation at:
>>
>>   http://peak.telecommunity.com/EasyInstall.html
>>
>> Please make the appropriate changes for your system and try again.
>>
>> thufir at doge:~/jython$
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> This isn't available through apt?  The only solution seems to be run this
>> script with sudo, which I'm reasonably comfortable with.  The
>> probabilities
>> seem remote that their would be an actual problem.  Still, surely there
>> must be alternatives?
>>
>> The point of this is to be able to, for example, run python-twitter from
>> within jython.
>>
>>
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Thufir
>> --
>> ubuntu-users mailing list
>> ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/
>> mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>>
>>
>



More information about the ubuntu-users mailing list