Best Twitter client for Ubuntu 15.10

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:27:04 UTC 2017

On 27 February 2017 at 21:34, Donald Parsons <donaldparsons579 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please tell me which is best and give me installation instructions

What Colin said.

If you do not wish to upgrade often, get your system onto the latest
Long Term Support release and then stay there. This is currently 16.04
which is the version after the one you are running. It is a
single-step update. After that you do not need to do it again for a
minimum of 2 years.

Also, you don't really need a client. The website does just fine.

There are even, if you wish, better websites, such as tweetdesk.com.

Ubuntu used to include a client called Gwibber:

http://gwibber.com/

I tried it but I didn't like it much.

There is also a Twitter add-on for Firefox:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/twitter-app/?src=api

I have not tried this. I used to use one called Yoono but I found it a
bit intrusive and removed it.

There are also Twitter plugins for the Pidgin messaging program, if
you use that. I used to use Twitter via the related Adium program on
Mac OS X, but I have not found a Pidgin addon that delivered the same
functionality.

But first you need to get onto 16.04.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com