systemd fails to boot most of the time

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 11:41:37 UTC 2017

On 24 February 2017 at 06:07, Teresa e Junior <teresaejunior at gmail.com> wrote:
> My current Ubuntu 16.10 system is constantly failing to boot, and it seems
> systemd is failing to recognize my fstab partitions. Sometimes, booting
> works normally, but most times it does not, and I'm left in Emergency mode.
> I have to reboot many many times until it eventually works.

Yes, I've had this too, on 2 different machines. It's a pain.

The only way around it that I found so far was to mount the
filesystems by hand, continue the boot, and then manually edit
/etc/fstab so it used device names not partition GUIDs. This seemed to
work more reliably, although not 100% of the time.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com