Putting arXiv.org onto the left hand launcher list

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 17:33:32 UTC 2017

On 2 February 2017 at 09:56, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:
> @Donald, which browser do you use?

Mr Parsons replied to one of my other email addresses, off-list, to
say that it is Firefox 47.

I do not know what Ubuntu release (or edition) he is using, but I
would have to say:

Firefox 47 is out of date now. If you are on a supported version of
Ubuntu (16.04 or 16.10) then you need to do a software update and then
you will have Firefox 51.

This is a simple and non-destructive task. As per Google:

[1] Launch the Software Updater. Press the Superkey (Windows key) to
launch the Dash and search for Update Manager.

[2] Check for updates. Select the tab called "Updates". ...

[3] Install any available upgrades.

Instructions on how to upgrade your Ubuntu desktop. | Ubuntu
https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/upgrade

This doesn't answer your question but it's important to keep you safe
and operational.

As for adding a website to the Launcher bar -- I think it's easier to
either set it as your homepage, or just add a bookmark.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/create-bookmarks-save-your-favorite-webpages

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com