switch off auto-selection of text (or what ever it is called ..)

robert robert at redcor.ch
Mon Dec 25 09:49:45 UTC 2017

Hi there and merry Christmas to you all,

i have a super annoying problem of which I do not even know how to name
it ..

Some times my ubuntu 7.10 (but it was the same with former versions) on
a dell xp15 starts to "autoselect" text.

So when I click some where and move the cursor the text gets selected.

Very annoying.

No idea what triggers this.

When that state is active, I have I have not found a way how to switch
it off other then to reboot the laptop.

can anybody of you give me a hint, ho to handle this?

thanks

and have a good time

robert