video card for new computer

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Dec 17 05:18:26 UTC 2017

On Sat, 16 Dec 2017 18:11:11 -0700, Stuart McGraw wrote:
>The earlier post from Ralf on the hardware requirements for production
>use of Blender were rather eye-opening. :-)  Luckily my use would be
>much more modest.

IMHO it's actually a requirement for an artist's workstation, working
on a 2 second plot of a movie. Rendering a whole animated movie is
better done by a cluster of super-cow-powerd-super-computers. I might
be mistaken, since I just worked on video engineering for analog and
early digital productions, making films from real live recordings. I
don't have professional experiences regarding animated movies.

However, regarding my amateurish experiences with free as an beer 3D
rendering animation software, the user's stamina (obsession) is the
most important requirement. You could do all the rendering while doing
your job, e.g. selling fries for McD... and in your free time continue
to draw the next scene of your movie, that likely is much better than
most of that standard plot based movies from Pixar Animation Studios
and Co. Realisation of interesting experiences in combination with
gifted fantasy is entertaining, even if animation isn't top of the
league. All those top of the league animated movies are based on the
same pattern, those movies are for brain dead people.