video card for new computer

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 14:05:57 UTC 2017

On 16 December 2017 at 14:54, Xen <list at xenhideout.nl> wrote:
> Liam Proven schreef op 16-12-2017 13:46:
>>
>> On 15 December 2017 at 21:35, Xen <list at xenhideout.nl> wrote:
>>>
>>> 80% of motherboards used to have onboard GPU.
>>
>> Again. THIS IS NOT TRUE.
>

> From Wikipedia:
>
> "In early 2007, computers with integrated graphics account for about 90% of
> all PC shipments."

You didn't actually read the article, did you?

[1] It's in this section:

«
Integrated graphics[edit]
»

This means:

«
Integrated graphics, shared graphics solutions, integrated graphics
processors (IGP) or unified memory architecture (UMA) utilize a
portion of a computer's system RAM rather than dedicated graphics
memory. I
»

It's talking about machines without dedicated video memory. As it
says, this can mean both onboard and offboard GPUs.

You are talking about desktop PC motherboards. This article is not.

Also, you appear to be forgetting about laptops.

Why do I waste my time? I think I have to killfile you. You are not
capable of maintaining sensible, rational debate.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com