How to coordinate the clock when dual-booting with Windows

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Dec 10 20:26:28 UTC 2017

On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 15:14:00 -0500, Peter Silva wrote:
>On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 2:59 PM, Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com>
>wrote:
>> On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 14:43:45 -0500, Peter Silva wrote:
>>>Without that sort of convention, how would you suggest to arrange a
>>>meeting of 10 spacecraft initially travelling at different velocities
>>>in different directions at a given location, velocity and direction,
>>>at a given time?
>>
>> Fortunately "How to coordinate the clock when dual-booting with
>> Windows" doesn't require idiotic fantasies based on sciolism gained
>> from dumb TV reports about GTR and STR.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_triviality
>when you're wrong, there is always trusty ad hominem to the rescue.
>
>It wasn't me who brought up relativity.  I'm just pointing out that
>folks who bring up ridiculous analogies ought to make sure they
>actually make sense.  The arguments raised here smack of blinding with
>science... aka BS.  I completely agree that this is now
>bikeshedding... and worse, nobody's going to paint the shed even if we
>pick a colour.

It isn't a personal attack against you, my intention is just to point
out that this discussion got out of control. It easily could happen
that I'm involved in such a discussion myself, without noticing that it
became grotesque. Fortunately this time I only lurked, so from an
outside POV it is easy for me, to comment this thread.