Keylogger

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Mon Dec 4 13:06:49 UTC 2017

Joel Rees schreef op 04-12-2017 0:56:

> Did you miss the part where some guy who was doing it for a living in
> 2009 gave a description if what he did and said explicitly how
> sucessful he was and gave some background on why the usual case,
> recovering data from a heavily used HD, was more successful than from a
> once-used, practcally empty HD?

One last thing, I asked a forensics guy and here is the epilogue from
Gutmann himself:

https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/secure_del.html#Epilogue

The forensics guy says there is no validity to the claims whatsoever.

And that guy on that forum might just as well have been trolling.

And also:

>> You make some really vague statements.

> The air you breathe is all around you. Which direction should I point
> when telling you that air exists?

Since you give no direct answers I can only assume that you have none.

Which is what I originally wanted to say... :-/.

I guess I have been trolled.

>> You also don't allude which companies offer these (explicit) services.
>
> I guess you didn't look at the URL as you read the second one?

That was not a company doing that work. That was a training/expertise
centre on general computer security knowledge.

An extremely broad consultancy firm, basically.

So yeah.

Debunked.