update-grub error {cannot find device for /} is /dev mounted ?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Aug 18 12:30:42 UTC 2017

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 14:06:40 +0200, Xen wrote:
>because I don't want to lose my work environment all the time.
>
>My system runs 24/7 instead

Indeed, my machine just takes around 2 seconds to boot, but there's no
mechanism that automatically _really_ restores the last session. IMO
24/7 often is the best choice. Assuming there should be an automation
able to restore the last session, it still could take very long to do
this, the bottleneck wouldn't be the SATA 3 SSDs.