UFW help on configuration

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Aug 14 22:00:00 UTC 2017

Jay,

This page may help:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UFW

It seems the UFW syntax does not directly support ICMP protocol. The
above page shows how to deal with ICMP PING traffic, which I think you
could adapt for your purposes.

Regards,
Tony.

--
Tony Arnold MBCS, CITP | Senior IT Security Analyst | Directorate of IT Services | G64, Kilburn Building | The University of Manchester | Manchester M13 9PL | T: +44 161 275 6093 | M: +44 773 330 0039