Concerned about future 32 bit server support

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Thu Aug 10 04:19:22 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-08-09 at 22:27 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my laboratory power supply does provide up to 2 A only :D. Regarding
> Google research nowadays even cheaper laboratory power supplies than
> mine seem to be more comfortable and provide much more ampere.
> However,
> I wasn't aware that a MiniITX could consume less than 10 W, OTOH
> others
> consume around 40 W. For a lot, if not most laboratory power supplies
> it's still seems to be marginal.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

I have one called a Mastech HY3003D-2. It has two 0-30V, 3A outputs
that can be series or paralleled. I ran the 32 bit board plus hard
drive from one channel for maybe three weeks continually. The board
plus hard drive has run on a 40W open frame switcher 24/7 for over 7
years. I can run a fanless mini ITX from the lab supply no problem.

Dave