(OT) Google: "Somebody knows your password"

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Fri Aug 4 05:46:03 UTC 2017

Am Freitag, 4. August 2017, 07:32:18 CEST schrieb Xen:
> Make sure this wasn't a fishing attempt.
>
> I have never seen a Google email like that.
>
> Google generally does not block logins. It just reports them.
>
> If you changed your password through their link, your account may now be
> compromised.

The links are https://accounts.google.com/... and (enclosed) https://
myaccount.google.com/... . I assume that they can't fake a google.com domain
name, right?

What's more, I've changed the password in my smartphone and my fetchmail
configuration, and it works fine with the new password. When the old one was
still in place, I've got error messages for both.

Thank you for the hint.

Volker