How to tell which version of a application is running

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon Apr 17 14:05:35 UTC 2017

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 08:21:31 -0500, Chris wrote:
>chris at localhost:~$ ps ax -o cmd | grep [t]racker
>/usr/lib/tracker/tracker-miner-apps
>/usr/lib/tracker/tracker-extract
>/usr/local/libexec/tracker-store
>/usr/lib/tracker/tracker-miner-fs
>/usr/lib/tracker/tracker-miner-user-guides

A mix of stuff installed with the prefix /usr and the prefix /usr/local
was used, when you run ps. This could cause inconsistencies, but not
necessarily does cause inconsistencies. We at least now definitively
know, that you are not just running your local version of tracker,
since most of the used libraries in use, are from the official package.

Regards,
Ralf