Problem reinstalling Xubuntu 16.04

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Apr 8 09:30:07 UTC 2017

On Fri, 7 Apr 2017 16:10:31 -0700, MR ZenWiz wrote:
>The real question is this: why does it boot from this ancient 80GB
>hard drive in two different OSes, but not from either of a 320 or
>120GB hard drive that have Xubuntu on them?

What messages do you get?

Just in case you should use a splash screen:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/33416/how-do-i-disable-the-boot-splash-screen-and-only-show-kernel-and-boot-text-inst

At what stage booting stops? Does it boot at all or do you just get
GRUB messages?

To ensure that it isn't an user error when installing and setting up
GRUB and also to ensure that it's not a GRUB related bug, you could try
using another bootloader. For my taste syslinux anyway is the better
choice http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/syslinux , but I'm sure that a
lot of Ubuntu users would dislike it.

Regards,
Ralf