16.04 Printer definition problems

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Sun Sep 25 07:35:43 UTC 2016

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 06:38:23 -0500
Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> Thanks again Petter,
> On 09/24/2016 04:55 AM, Petter Adsen wrote:
> > As a workaround, can't you use the CUPS interface at
> > https://localhost:631 ?
>
> That enabled me to identify the printer as a server. And set it up
> correctly.
>
> On a hard wired system everything works fine.
> On my laptop (wireless) when I find the printer and add it that works
> also. Yet When I try to print a Test Page I get the message held for
> authorization. How do I correct that?

Sorry, I'm not really sure why you get that. I found this thread that
might help, look at the sixth post from the top:

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1211404

Also, verify that the printer is set as 'Shared' (although if it works
from another system that shouldn't be the problem.)

> Jay
> PS: Sorry I missed the second t in you name the first time.

No worries, I get that a lot ;)

Petter

--
"Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done." --Anne Onymous