16.04 Printer definition problems

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 10:27:56 UTC 2016

On 23 September 2016 at 22:19, Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> I have tried to get the server option to display in the printer definition
> GUI. Not happening.

I presume you mean the menus for the applet. Dependant on what setting
you have for System Settings > Appearance > Behaviour > Show the menus
for a window, you should either see the menu options when you push the
mouse up to the top of the screen or when you hover over the title bar
of the window (where it says Printers - localhost).  This assumes you
are using standard Ubuntu with Unity.

If you still can't see it tell us what you have for the above setting
and where you see the menus for an app such as Firefox.

Colin