Samba, missing module vfs_nfs4acl_xattr // compile options for Ubuntu16.04 ?

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 16:50:49 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 8:57 AM, Uwe Richter <uwe.richter at uni-jena.de> wrote:

> we're running 16.04 with it's Samba v4.3.11 - with no problems so far.
> I want to use/try Samba shares on aleady working NFS4 mounts using it's
> NFS4-ACLs.
>
> In the original Samba sources for v4.3.11 there is a VFS module source
> ./source3/modules/vfs_nfs4acl_xattr.c
> but there is no such module for the current Ubuntu package below
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/samba/vfs/
>
> I'd like to go with the current Ubuntu Samba package and
> want configure/make this version from the sources just to copy over the
> module.
>
> Well, can anybody please give a hint what configure/make options
> has been used for the current Ubuntu Samba package?

>From debian/rules

conf_args = \
--prefix=/usr \
--enable-fhs \
--sysconfdir=/etc \
--localstatedir=/var \
--with-privatedir=/var/lib/samba/private \
--with-smbpasswd-file=/etc/samba/smbpasswd \
--with-piddir=/var/run/samba \
--with-pammodulesdir=/lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)/security \
--with-pam \
--with-syslog \
--with-utmp \
--with-pam_smbpass \
--with-winbind \
--with-shared-modules=idmap_rid,idmap_ad,idmap_adex,idmap_hash,idmap_ldap,vfs_dfs_samba4,auth_samba4
\
--with-automount \
--with-ldap \
--with-ads \
--with-dnsupdate \
--libdir=/usr/lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH) \
--with-modulesdir=/usr/lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)/samba \
--datadir=/usr/share \
--with-lockdir=/var/run/samba \
--with-statedir=/var/lib/samba \
--with-cachedir=/var/cache/samba \
--disable-avahi \
--disable-rpath \
--disable-rpath-install \
--bundled-libraries=NONE,pytevent,iniparser,roken,wind,hx509,asn1,heimbase,hcrypto,krb5,gssapi,heimntlm,hdb,kdc,com_err,compile_et,asn1_compile
\
--builtin-libraries=replace,ccan,samba-cluster-support \
--minimum-library-version="$(shell ./debian/autodeps.py
--minimum-library-version)"