Samba, missing module vfs_nfs4acl_xattr // compile options for Ubuntu16.04 ?

Uwe Richter uwe.richter at uni-jena.de
Thu Oct 13 12:57:37 UTC 2016

Hello all,

we're running 16.04 with it's Samba v4.3.11 - with no problems so far.
I want to use/try Samba shares on aleady working NFS4 mounts using it's
NFS4-ACLs.

In the original Samba sources for v4.3.11 there is a VFS module source
./source3/modules/vfs_nfs4acl_xattr.c
but there is no such module for the current Ubuntu package below
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/samba/vfs/

I'd like to go with the current Ubuntu Samba package and
want configure/make this version from the sources just to copy over the
module.

Well, can anybody please give a hint what configure/make options
has been used for the current Ubuntu Samba package?

Thanks
With best regards
Uwe

--
Uwe Richter
FSU Jena, Fakultät für Mathematik und Informatik, FRZ