Im sorry

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Oct 13 07:44:48 UTC 2016

On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 09:14:54 +0200, Gilles Gravier wrote:
>Which summarizes the debate in 2014 (and the trend is only going
>forward)... If you don't want to follow the link, the short answer is
>64% people prefer receiving HTML e-mails form companies than text. I
>have to apologize for working in a world where businesses tend to
>drive, well, business. Following the majority rule seems to be a good
>thing to do.

We are not talking about anybodies opinion or taste, we are talking
about Ubuntu mailing list guidelines [1].

>But I'm thinking that when any user installs Ubuntu, then boots it,
>the default e-mail clients provided (Thunderbird, Evolution...) all
>are set to HTML by default.

No, this is incorrect, since at least Evolution doesn't provide HTML
only at all. If you chose HTML, then Evolution sends a multipart message
containing HTML and plain text. I already pointed out, that there is a
difference between HTML and a multipart message containing HTML. Btw.
Evolution asks you, if it should load remote contend of idiotic HTML
mails, as long as you don't allow it, the HTML mails are displayed
incomplete.

>Feel free to recommend another way to procede, of course.

I don't feel free to recommend anything, I quoted the Ubuntu mailing
list guidelines [1].

Again, we are not talking about what anybody, you or I prefer or do not
prefer, we are talking about Ubuntu mailing list guidelines.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]
Begin forwarded message: