New box, memory problem

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Oct 1 08:16:18 UTC 2016

On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 21:47:42 -0700, rikona wrote:
>I saw a comment that AMD mem processors are finicky when fully loaded.
>Is this true and/or a possible cause? If so, would adding ANY second
>pair, even if smaller mem, still be a problem? I'd settle for a
>reliable 24G if 32 won't work. Would like more than 16, though...

Issues could be Linux related, but as soon as it unlikely seems to be a
Linux related issue, then depending on the kind of hardware issue, I
usually contact my dealer and/or the vendor's support. Consider to send
a request to https://www.msi.com/support .

You also could seach
https://www.google.de/#q=msi+mem+issue+970a+g43
and/or
https://www.google.de/#q=msi+mem+issue
to see if there are known issues.

The issue unlikely is related to the CPU, more likely it's an issue
caused by the mobo and/or RAM bars. If it should be a brand new mobo,
then even the latest BIOS update might still need much more fixes.
Especially when using it with Linux, it might take more than a year of
BIOS updates, before Linux will run stable on that mobo.

Regards,
Ralf