ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 141, Issue 50

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue May 24 21:28:01 UTC 2016

On Wed, 25 May 2016 06:45:13 +1000, Jared Norris wrote:
>Good morning all,
>
>Apologies for the noise, I had assumed the community provided
>assistance was sufficient and hadn't followed through further. It has
>now been manually completed.

Thank you :)

I guess my last mail [*] didn't came through, regarding a typo for the
"To" addresses. I tried to provide another way to unsubscribe :D.

Regards,
Ralf

[*]
Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 23:09:12 +0200
From: Ralf Mardorf
To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com, spanglerjeffery76 at gmail.com>
                                                              ^
                                                              ^ typo :D
Cc: ubuntu-users-owner at lists.ubuntu.com, koh at keemail.me, lists at avi.co,
jrnorris at gmail.com, kogorman at gmail.com

Hi Jeffery,

it's hard to help you.

Again I Cc'ed to the list owner, resp. to all mentioned list admins.

>On Tuesday 24 May 2016 16:22:28 Jeffery Spangler wrote:
>
>> yes please  take me off your email list this is getting rediculous
>> just take me o ff !!!! now !!!!!!

I'm a subscriber, user of this list, not the list admin, even not a
moderator. I added your address to the unsubscribe form [1], something
actually another user never should do for you, but I guess it would
help you. No other user, including me, can unsubscribe you. When I
added your address to the unsubscribe form, an email was send to you and
only you can click the link provided by this email, to confirm
unsubscription. We can't do it for you.

It could be, that the mail is in a spam folder. If not and assumed you
shouldn't receive a confirmation mail, neither a postmaster mail, then
contact your ISP and/or follow the advice that is mentioned by each
header of an email, you receive from the mailing list.

I'll explain this.

Sent a mail to this address and to no other address:

  ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com

The subject of the mail must be:

  unsubscribe

Don't write "unsubscribe" into the email body, the subject is that part
of the mail were .e.g. "Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 141, Issue 50" is
written. Keep the email body empty.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]