Legacy mode issue installing Ubuntu 16.04

Gary J. Kirkpatrick garyartista at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 18:59:23 UTC 2016

Thought I'd try Ubuntu 16 alongside my install of 15.10.  When I start the
install I get the following message:

"This machine's firmware has started the installer in UEFI mode but it
looks like there may be existing operating systems already installed using
"BIOS compatibility mode". If you continue to install Debian in UEFI mode,
it might be difficult to reboot the machine into any BIOS-mode operating
systems later.

If you wish to install in UEFI mode and don't care about keeping the
ability to boot one of the existing systems, you have the option to force
that here. If you wish to keep the option to boot an existing operating
system, you should choose NOT to force UEFI installation here."

Since I do want to continue to access 15.10, I want to install in legacy
mode, which I used to install 15.10 in the first place.  Is there some way
of overriding the machine's software from within the install?    I checked
the bios and only Legacy Mode options are enabled.

I have not partitioned the hard drive.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

garyk