Doctor's prescription writing software for Ubuntu

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Mar 24 19:12:07 UTC 2016

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 14:46:32 -0400, Donald F. Parsons wrote:
>I am looking for a simple prescription form for Ubuntu that is
>acceptable by the NYS Health Dept and by pharmacies

Doesn't such software need an ICD data bank that always needs to get
updated?

The ICD and DSM books are very expensive, I doubt that there will be a
free data bank available, but perhaps such information is shared by a
special protocol between health insurance funds, administrative bodies,
doctors etc. and perhaps the protocol is free and open source.

I could imagine that there are several issues, that make it impossible
to provide/get accredited medical FLOS-Software.

To get just a prescription form software, resp. software that can print
on prescription forms from a book of prescription forms shouldn't be
that hard to get, this should be possible to do with any office
software.