Best way to backup an iphone to icloud on Linux (that works)

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Mar 9 20:39:05 UTC 2016

On Wed, 9 Mar 2016 12:09:13 -0800, MR ZenWiz wrote:
>I have a friend who has an iPhone that she wants to backup to her
>computer.

Hi,

for an iPad I run iTunes on a Windows 7 guest in a Virtualbox host. I
doubt that purchases could be stored/restored, when using a Linux app,
since new versions of iOS even don't work with old versions of iTunes
and seemingly such a backup doesn't really backup the binaries, I guess
just the purchases and data gets stored. I suspect that Linux software
only can access pics and videos, but neither app data, nor purchases.
Consider to chose another host, if a shared directory between guest and
host shouldn't matter that much, since the Virtualbox USB connection to
at least my iPad, is a PITA, but the advantage of Virtualbox is the way
sharing a folder works.

Regards,
Ralf