Scanner no longer works with my AMD PC

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Wed Mar 2 14:39:46 UTC 2016

On Wed, 02 Mar 2016 14:27:56 +0000
David Fletcher <dave at thefletchers.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2016-03-02 at 15:15 +0100, Petter Adsen wrote:
> > On Wed, 02 Mar 2016 14:07:23 +0000
> > David Fletcher <dave at thefletchers.net> wrote:
> >
> > > /* Start xsane, do a preview */
> > > Mar  2 13:56:28 Tosh-NB520 wpa_supplicant[933]: wlan1:
> > > CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-STARTED
> >
> > You are scanning over the network, not USB.
>
> I wondered about that entry, too. It was definitely plugged into a USB
> socket on the side of the laptop. I've heard that scanning over the
> network is possible but it's not something I've ever tried to do.

It can be plugged into a USB port and still scan/print via the network.
No idea how it works in your case, but my Epson needs a plugin from the
Epson support website. It's called 'iscan-network'-something.

I suggest you look into the SANE config on the machine that works and
replicate that to the non-working machine.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"