ubuntu 16.04 vnc doesn work

J.L. Blom joep at neuroweave.nl
Fri Jun 24 14:02:25 UTC 2016

On 24/06/16 15:36, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 24 June 2016 at 15:00, Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:
>> Liam Proven wrote:
>>> [1] You can't send attachments to the list; they will be automatically
>>> removed, as I understand it.
>> You can send attachments as long as the message size doesn't exceed a
>> limit of (I think) 40 kB.
>
> I sit corrected.
>
> I will revise my statement, then, if I may be permitted:
>
> You _should not_ send attachments to mailing lists.

Sorry Liam,
I am on another (google) list and there attachments are permitted. But
if necessary I can upload to a site but I think you know the problem.
Maybe stupid question: how can I see which desktop is used as I run the
system remote. Strange enough ssh -Y (or -X) works without a problem but
I think that doesn't use the desktop.
As I have problems with the video driver (I have a VGA monitor and the
output is only HDMI) so I use an HDMI-VGA adaptor and that is maybe the
problem but with my raspberry Pi 2 I have no problem with that adaptor.
It is a pity as I want to use it as server without X but for control vnc
is easier that ssh.
The beauty is that it only uses 5 Watt but has all possibilities (a.o. 4
USB-ports and 1 Ethernet) so it is ideal to use it as a server.
May be you have some suggestions of how to use vnc without desktop.
Joep