Need help on getting the cannon pixama mg2922

Larry larryesu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 01:01:25 UTC 2016

On 06/08/2016 08:49 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 June 2016 18:40:43 Larry wrote:

>>> Takes its exact model number, and your OS to the gimp list to see if
>>> they might know, or to the cups list to see if the are any free
>>> drivers around.  The gutenprint list also comes to mind.  Quite
>>> knowledgable folks there.
>>>
>>> Cheers, Gene Heskett
>> Hi Gene, well here is what I've done, when I plug the USB cable into
>> the PC, it says new printer found yet NO DRIVERS found for MG2900
>> series...
>>
>> I have tried CUP'S yet It's not listed, I tried aquireimages it also
>> tells me could not find any device...
>>
>> So I then tried PRINTERS, add a new printer again the driver was not
>> listed...
>> Right now I'am at a lost as what to do next...
>>
>> Thanks for  the help...
>>
>> Larry
> I'm not exactly a guru, so I'd start by posting to the cups list.  But
> I've never heard of a paxama.  Are you sure you didn't mean pixma?
     I do not recall saying it was a paxama it is a PIXMA MG2900 series
printer & scanner...I also am not a guru, and for what I have learned
over the years, most I have forgotten...Age here is now 74 and I can't
remember alot of commands that I use to know...
So I am in need of  some help...I have used HP printers and they all
have worked fine, this  is the first time trying this Canon...

Thanks Larry;-)