Xscreensaver power management broken in latest kernel update

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 19:55:56 UTC 2016

It may hae been the second-to-last update.

I run Xubuntu 14.04.4 and I use xscreensaver mainly because I like the
way it works, or did.

In one of the lat tow kernel updates, the poer management feature
seems to be crippled and it no longer shuts ff my screen after the
allotted time.

I'm also contacting the maintainer separately.  However, my past
experience with him is that issues like this are not his (software's)
problem.

Any suggestions?  Using the xfce4 power manager is not acceptable - it
doesn't have the right kind of flexibility I need/want.

Thanks.
MR