How to delete a printer definition

Bob ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net
Fri Jun 3 21:19:21 UTC 2016

On Ubuntu 15.10 I can not delete a printer definition.  Using System Settings
-> Printers if I right click on a printer icon and click Delete sometimes the
printer icon will disappear for a second or two and then reappear but most of
the time the icon just flickers.

Searching for the problem I found one problem from several years ago that said
I needed to click the "unlock" button on the System Settings -> Printers window
which I can not find.  Another one said I had to be a member of the lpadmin
group which I am.

Any ideas on how to permanently delete a printer difinition?

--
Robert Blair

What this country needs are more unemployed politicians.  -- Edward Langley, Artist (1928-1995)