Upfrading from Ubuntu 14.03 to Ubuntu 16.0

Peter petergoggin at bigpond.com
Fri Jul 29 05:00:45 UTC 2016

I tried to upfrade one of my machines today.It stuck at the point where
it was asking for acceptance of licencingterms for Microsoft Fonts. I
clicked on the appropraite button but nothing happened. After 2 hours
with no progress I killed the machine. On restarting it opens the
encrypted file system then if goes to temintal session and asks for a
user name and password. No matter what I enters it keeps asking for the
same information and the boot does not progress.

Can I revert back to my old version with out losing my home directory?

If so how do I get the new version to install?

Regards

Peter Goggin