Speech Recognition Software

Grizzly Real_Grizz_Adams at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 17:41:54 UTC 2016

Thursday, July 28, 2016  at 2:19, Peter wrote:
Speech Recognition Software (at least in part)

>Is there any speech recognition software that will allow dictation into
>Libre Office Writer running Uuntu 14.

>I have tried unsuccessfully to get Dragon to work with Libre Office on a
>windows 8.1 machine.

Also had problems getting Dragon to work for any length of time (more than a
few minutes) on a clients PC running 8.1, the mic (supplied by Dragon) seemed
to be the main problem

IIRC there is a native speech rec tool for Ubuntu, I had it installed for a
while but my netbook mic was not up to the job