avconv way behind

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Jul 24 16:08:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

assumed an LTS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-term_support
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS

is something that isn't useful for you, consider to upgrade to another
release

https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/installing-upgrading.html

Some software has got a "time switch" other software "phones home" and
then they spam installs with impertinent, idiotic "warnings". You should
expect this when running a LTS release. I see this even for a rolling
release, if you don't have upgraded to a new version, 10 seconds after
upstream released the new version. During a production I do not upgrade
every 9 seconds. I use old software, until a production is finished.

The question we are facing here is, if we use the computer as a tool,
or if we just own the computer, because upgrading and collecting latest
software is our hobby.

Regards,
Ralf