Customize alternate install CD with UEFI?

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:23:53 UTC 2016

On 22 July 2016 at 15:43, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 July 2016 at 16:24, Josef Wolf <jw at raven.inka.de> wrote:
>> swapspace is no longer maintained?
>
> It's just a script that sets up swapping to a file in the root
> filesystem. I've used it on a number of servers without any problem as
> well.
>
>> But there's the possibility to swap to regular files. This might be a good
>> compromize.
>
> That's what swapspace sets up for you.

I don't think that is quite true, I believe swapspace will
automatically adjust the size of the swapfile.  I did have some
problems with swapspace (around Ubuntu 15.04 I think, maybe earlier)
where it started consuming 100% of the processor.  I think it may have
been to do with suspend/resume if I remember correctly.  I switched to
using a regular fixed size swapfile and have had no problems since.
As Josef said it appears swapspace is no longer supported [0]

Colin

[0] http://pqxx.org/development/swapspace/