Battery Working, but not Charging

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 12:17:56 UTC 2016

On 18 July 2016 at 13:11, Didik Setiawan <ds at didiksetiawan.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
> If I boot into Windows and I plug the ac adapter in, then the battery indicator
> will always charging. That's not happen when I use Ubuntu.
> So, my temporary solution is let the Windows partition stay on my laptop.
> Although, I just use it to charge my battery when I need to recharge.

As I asked last time please don't top post, it is the convention on
this list to insert replies at appropriate points in previous message.
Thanks.

You *still* have not answered the question.  If you run the battery
down then, running Ubuntu, plug in the charger and leave it running
for a couple of hours, then boot to Windows does it show that the
battery is charged?  If so then the battery is charging when running
Ubuntu it is just the indicator that is not showing this.  Please make
sure you answer this question, it is difficult to help people who do
not answer questions.

Also usually laptops have an led on the laptop itself that shows when
charging.  For example on mine this is off when the charger is not
connected, orange when it is charging and blue when it is charged.  If
yours has this then you may be able to see that it is charging when
running Ubuntu.

Colin