[E] Can Ubuntu fully replace OSX as the single os in Mac AIR/PRO?

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 9 01:54:55 UTC 2016

On 07/08/2016 02:48 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 8 July 2016 at 20:44, Coll-Barth, Michael
> <Michael.Coll-Barth at verizonwireless.com> wrote:
>> Then all you would have is Apple hardware.  Buy an inexpensive laptop and
>> rebuild the OS.
>
> Honestly -- and I'm typing on a Mac -- I agree with this.
>
> Sell it to someone who appreciates OS X (as I do!) and buy a
> thin-and-light PC laptop, e.g. a used Thinkpad X1 Carbon or something.

     Well, he asked if it was possible, not if it is recommended...

And to be honest, a MacBook Air is a nicely designed piece of hardware;
'tis quite thin & light. 'Can't blame him for wanting to use it,
especially since it's something he already has.

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

- from some guy on the internet.