SOLVED: widget to select wifi networks in Ubuntu 16.04 plasma?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Sat Jul 2 14:43:58 UTC 2016

On 2016-07-02 15:45, Petter Adsen wrote:

> I'm not at all familiar with the KDE family, but I would guess that the
> 'normal' Network Manager applet works. It is called 'nm-applet', and
> lives in the network-manager-gnome package.

almost. Thanks for this pointer, which led me to discover the right
package,
which is "plasma-nm".

For the record, in plasma you may launch /usr/bin/nm-applet from the
prompt, and it will dock
in the plasma panel, but not sit there at reboot even if you create an
autostart .desktop  file for it.

To Liam: no, this is not kubuntu, is standard ubuntu on which I had
second thoughts,
and added the kde/plasma packages afterwards.

Thanks,
Marco

--
http://mfioretti.com