widget to select wifi networks in Ubuntu 16.04 plasma?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 13:55:06 UTC 2016

On 1 July 2016 at 20:23, M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:
> now that the shutdown issue is solved, I am configuring the system.
> Right now, I am puzzled by something that is, likely, much dumber
> and easier to fix: how do I get, in the plasma taskbar, an icon/widget/
> applet/whatever...
> to see which wifi networks are available, and connect to them?
>
> for some silly reason, I can't figure how to find it.

Do you mean Kubuntu?

KDE changes a _lot_ of the desktop -- almost all the other remixes
(Unity & GNOME natch, but also LXDE, Xfce, Cinnamon) are based on Gtk
and use bits of GNOME plumbing.

That means that those of us who don't use the KDE family at all don't
know much about how it works, as it uses different components from the
whole rest of the Ubuntu family.