widget to select wifi networks in Ubuntu 16.04 plasma?

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Sat Jul 2 13:45:10 UTC 2016

On Fri, 01 Jul 2016 20:23:21 +0200
"M. Fioretti" <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> now that the shutdown issue is solved, I am configuring the system.
> Right now, I am puzzled by something that is, likely, much dumber
> and easier to fix: how do I get, in the plasma taskbar, an
> icon/widget/ applet/whatever...
> to see which wifi networks are available, and connect to them?
>
> for some silly reason, I can't figure how to find it.

I'm not at all familiar with the KDE family, but I would guess that the
'normal' Network Manager applet works. It is called 'nm-applet', and
lives in the network-manager-gnome package.

Assuming, of course, that you _are_ using Network Manager. I did a
brief search for a KDE Network Manager package, but couldn't find one.

HTH,

Petter