Ubuntu 16.04 LTS cannot shut down

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Fri Jul 1 08:20:07 UTC 2016

On 2016-07-01 06:35, Gener Badenas wrote:

> Can you try "acpi=force" ? Maybe just acpi problem

before getting this email, I had reset the BIOS to
factory settings, and unsuccessfully tried to update
it from Windows 8 (I got the "no match file in multi fd"
error, which seems to be another long standing bug that
nobody knows how to fix...). Anyway..

thanks, but even this setting doesn't make any difference.
Both clicking on shutdown
and typing "shutdown -h now" freeze the system and nothing
else happens.

No idea what to try next. Besides making do with Windows
only for who knows how long, or trying another distro, that is.

Marco

--
http://mfioretti.com