smartctL for mmcblk

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 7 11:37:36 UTC 2016

hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 06.01.2016, 23:32 +0100 schrieb robert rottermann:
> hI there,
>
> I am looking for a way to use the smarttools especially smartctl for a mmcblk
> device.
>
> I would like to use it for an sd card that has an SMART interface integrated.
> Unfortunately under Linux the manufacturer only provides a utility that supports
> sdx devices.

try if their tool gets along wiht /dev/sdx being a symlink ... if so,
creating a udev rule that dynamically crates the link when the SD is
detected shouldnt be to hard ...

(though wouldnt SMART also need controller support to be usable, are you
sure your MMC controller can handle that at all ?)

ciao
	oli