update-manager --no-focus-on-map ??

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 00:39:09 UTC 2016

On 7 January 2016 at 01:22, rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:
> The newer Opera may still be a good option, but I'm considering others
> and will probably end up with a mix for different purposes, given how
> difficult it is to get real privacy nowadays.

Scott McNeally, CEO and co-founder of Sun Microsystems, said it best.

He was put on a panel on internet security and privacy, about 20y ago.

Eventually, they asked the silent McNeally to say something.

He replied:

"You *have* no privacy on the Internet. Get over it."

He was right then and he's right now. It's a public place. It's what
it's for. Communication, sharing. Deal with it.

Run current software, follow best-practice guidelines from the like of
SwiftOnSecurity on Twitter, but don't be obsessive about it, because
it is totally pointless.

You CANNOT keep everything you do private and secure and also use the
21st century's greatest communications tool.

So you choose. Use the Internet, and stop panicking, or get off it and
stay off it.

Your choice.