Nautilius blinking problem on Ubuntu 15.10

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 08:20:04 UTC 2016

On 11 Feb 2016 06:04, "Frank Chang" <frankchang91 at gmail.com> wrote:

>         I recently installed Ubuntu Linux 15.10 on a Lenovo desktop.After
a mysterious crash last night while testing point and click of an Mono-.NET
4.5 C# executable which DLLImport's an C++ shared object, the Files GUI
manager flickers on and off . I removed the package xdg-utils and then
installed it again followed by a system reboot and the Files GUI manager ,
/usr/bin/xdg-open , still flickers on and off.

Before starting reinstalling stuff or assuming it is a graphics driver, see
whether you still see the problem if you login as guest. If it is OK then
it is a settings issue on your login.

Colin

>         A Xamarin expert told me this is a graphics driver problem. also,
xdg-open is not a gui file manager (on ubuntu, that would be nautilus) -
it's a command guaranteed to be available on desktop linux systems, which
is used for opening stuff with the default association
>        Should we sudo apt-get remove nautilus and then sudo apt-get
install nautilus to fix the blinking problem?
>        Nautilus is a file manager. I most likely have driver issues. So ,
I was told either you force the system to disable 3d acceleration (the GUI
is 3d accelerated by default), or you change your graphics card, or you
update your driver.