Nautilius blinking problem on Ubuntu 15.10

Frank Chang frankchang91 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 06:03:43 UTC 2016

        I recently installed Ubuntu Linux 15.10 on a Lenovo desktop.After a
mysterious crash last night while testing point and click of an Mono-.NET
4.5 C# executable which DLLImport's an C++ shared object, the Files GUI
manager flickers on and off . I removed the package xdg-utils and then
installed it again followed by a system reboot and the Files GUI manager ,
/usr/bin/xdg-open , * still * flickers on and off.
        A Xamarin expert told me this is a graphics driver problem. also,
xdg-open is not a gui file manager (on ubuntu, that would be nautilus) -
it's a command guaranteed to be available on desktop linux systems, which
is used for opening stuff with the default association
       Should we sudo apt-get remove nautilus and then sudo apt-get install
nautilus to fix the blinking problem?
       Nautilus is a file manager. I most likely have driver issues. So , I
was told either you force the system to disable 3d acceleration (the GUI is
3d accelerated by default), or you change your graphics card, or you update
your driver.

       1.) How to update the Nautilus driver?

        2) How do I force the system to disable 3d acceleration

       Any help is greatly appreciated.