Title bar/menu problem on 14.04

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Tue Feb 2 21:16:19 UTC 2016

On 02/02/2016 08:41 AM, Colin Law wrote:
> On 2 February 2016 at 14:23, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes at comcast.net> wrote:
>> If I use unsettings to put the menus in the applications window titlebar the
>> problem shows up. If I leave the global menus in the top panel there is no
>> problem.
>>
>> I don't like my menus in the top panel, that's why I try to put them in the
>> windows titlebar where they belong.
>
> Do you see the same issue if you do it using the setting in System
> Settings > Appearance > Behaviour?
>
> Colin

Yes

I went to Unsettings and turned  the Global menu to off. Then I went to
Global menu in and put it in top panel. Then I opened Appearance ->
Behaviour and set Show the menu for a window to be in the window's title
bar.

I still see the pointer change to a hand when I click and hold on a
menu, but the menus seem to be a little more responsive. That is I don't
seem to have to tap and release the mouse button quite so quickly to get
a menu to drop down.

After making the changes outlined above something else has changed a
little. It seemed that some how the system didn't realize the menu was
in the title bar. Sometimes rapidly clicking on a menu item would cause
the window to open full screen just like double clicking on a blank
space in the title bar will. I can't get it to do that anymore.

Regards,  Jim