Problems with Blue-tooth - Ubuntu 14.04

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 13:18:41 UTC 2016

On 8 December 2016 at 14:10, Matteo Formigli <matteo.formigli at gmail.com> wrote:
> Exactly what do you mean with "turn off the built-in one"?

Unity has a built-in Bluetooth stack.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BluezGnome

You have to turn this off -- go into Settings | Bluetooth and set
Bluetooth Off and the status bar icon off.

BlueMan then takes over.

I think that's how I did it, but I'm on a different machine and not at
home to check.

For preference, I avoid wireless devices and whenever possible use
wired connections -- wired mouse, wired keyboard, wired network. It's
a lot less work, it just works, and the devices never run out of
batteries.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com